In this smartphone age, everyone has a camera with them. Obviously, we click a lot of images and also share many of them on social media. However, very few of us notice that the size of images clicked using mobile camera is usually a few MBs and sharing them on websites such as FB, Twitter, Instagram or mailing them via email apps consumes a lot of data. Is there any option to share our photos, but also save our data consumption? Yes! The answer is: AVG Image Shrinker.
AVG Image Shrinker is a free app for android. You can use it on your Android phone or tablet. Your Android OS needs to be 2.1 or higher.
How to use it?
- Dowanload the app from play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avg.shrinker
- After the app is installed, whenever you share an image, you will see ‘AVG Image Shrinker’ icon in the list of ‘Share via’ apps. Tap this icon to see the list of apps on which you can share the shrunk image. (It supports all image sharing apps available on your phone/tab, except ‘Bluetooth’ and ‘Wi-Fi Direct’).
- Choose the desired app from this list and select the desired image size. AVG Recommends 800×600 resolution. However, you can also choose from 640×480, 1024×768 etc.
- Now the selected app will be opened. Before sharing the image you can include custom text for your post and can also delete the default text written by AVG. That’s it! You can now share the image.
- When you return to the previous screen after sharing, you will see a pop-up at the bottom showing how much data was saved by shrinking the image. Usually, for an image of 2-3 MB size, it reduces the image size by 1-1.5 MBs.
- Even after you shrink the image, the original image is remains unchanged, so you still have the original version unaffected.
- Apart from the images clicked from your phone’s camera, you can also use AVG to shrink any images saved on your phone’s gallery. You can also use it to shrink multiple images at once. For this, go to your phone APPS/APPLICATIONS list and open AVG Image Shrinker.
Use of AVG Image Shrinker not only saves the uploading time, but also helps you save money by reducing your data-pack expenses. I have been regularly using this app and personally recommend it.
(For more info, you can visit official AVG Help page: http://goo.gl/gecPi0)